So here the list of the best places around Galle for eating and drinking.
- Indian Hut: Cheap great tasting Indian, great views at the fort branch, the Hiddayath junction branch has better food.
- Sahana: the home of short eats. Once you get addicted to Egg roti , fish roll etc your waist line will not thank you. your wallet will though, great value and a primo location on the beach at Bonavista (Megalle). IMHO a lot nicer than the big national chain P & S.
- Lucky Fort: Tiny little place in a small lane serving a great 9 course vego curry and rice for 2
- Hot Rock. Unawatuna. A lovely family with traditional rice and curry.
- A minute by tuk tuk: In the fort upstairs in the Dutch Hospital: Ask for a table on the edge of the balcony with views.
- Closenberg Hotel: Waiters in tuxes with generous serves of curry in a old world colonial hotel. Bring the mossy repellent and sit outside on the porch. The charm is amazing as is the bar downstairs, Luna..go for sunset, have a swim and a cocktail or 3 then wander upstairs for dinner. Renovations by Taj might undo the old school…
- Sugar: Downstairs at the Dutch Hospital. Nice meals, good cocktails
- Deco on 44:In the fort. Food pretty good but service and setting outside on the lawn is special
- Pedlars: In the fort. Inside you can have a separate room for a group. Curry and rice surprisingly good with some western dishes for a change
- Rocket Burger In the fort. For that time when curry and rice won’t cut it these guys have nailed high quality burgers with cool design. Sit upstairs facing out for people watching
- Lady Hill Hotel. Great views of Galle from the top floor, tasty food at a good price.
- Jetwing Era Beach. Down the road at Thalpe. Book and enjoy a fabulous curry and rice with a great view.
- Owl and Pussycat. Also at Thalpe, another amazingsetting with a sophisticated, high end rice and curry.
- One Mirissa: Guesthouse at the Mirissa point. Ask for the upstairs private table. Get the seafood platter. Views, cocktails, lobster..amazing!